Self-help enthusiasts like myself appreciate the necessity of reflecting in order to move forward. So, instead of making a New Year's Resolution list, why not come up with a Last Year's Reflection List? Go for it! I challenge you! Think of all the accomplishments and failures and everything that falls in between from 2012. List them. Appreciate them. And, ring in the new year!
Here's my short list!
In the year that was 2012, I managed to:
- Change future career plans...twice
- Graduate from college
- Go sailing
- Give a commencement speech
- Get rejected from a lot of graduate programs
- Fulfill a Bug Juice-inspired desire to be a summer camp counselor
- Risk utter embarrassment to tell a guy I liked him
- Interview for jobs and submit resumes and cover letters
- Get hired
- Rock rock-climbing
- Get into a graduate program
- Revamp this blog and keep it alive & kickin'
- And so much more and then some!