Thursday, October 4, 2012

"And it's hard to dance with the devil on your back, so shake him off! Oh woaah!"

Props to Florence and the Machine for the awesome phrase in their song "Shake It Out" which serves as the title for this very imprompu blog post. Suucchhh a great song, and a perfect theme for what I want to share with y'all while it's on my mind -

We have GOT to stop self-degradation. What do I mean? I'm talking about the typical dissatisfaction with the reflection we see in the mirror. This "A blemish here, a blemish there, everyone is gonna stare!" mentality gets us no where except in a valley of sulking and dark shadows as we go about our day feeling a wee bit less than confident. It's a bad habit that all of us sometimes exhibit.

But, we've got to just plain strive to stop thinking negatively about our appearances! And props to you if you don't let the way your hair looks a certain day bother you, or if all of your clothes fit. Congratulations. But, I know for me at least, I do have THOSE days where I fall prey to the stinky thinking while looking in the mirror.

The Bottom Line 

The point I'm basically trying to get across with this rambling is this: 
"Life is far too short and way to precious to let these minor annoyances bog you down"
And you can quote me on that! (Because that's what I just did...lol) But, seriously! We don't need to weigh our spirits down with these negative feelings about not liking the way we look. We should embrace the way we look. Enhance it to our liking within reasonable realms, sure, but above all else -- accept and embrace your looks unconditionally! You owe that much to your spirit! To your aura! Let it exude with positive lightness! (Did I mention that this was an impromptu ramble...so sorry if it's hard to read, but it HAD to be typed!)

It's just like Flo said, "it's hard to dance with the devil (i.e. negative thoughts about yourself) on your back, so shake him off!" Because if you didn't already know, I'm here to let you know that life is one big dance party and you're all invited to strut your stuff and rock out in your own unique way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!