Friday, November 16, 2012

Embrace Your "Crazy" Idea!

Okay, so this post comes as sort of a public service announcement. I want to encourage all of you : embrace your crazy ideas! You know, those spur-of-the-moment ideas that are just so far-fetched but just might work.

In the spirit of dreaming big, as inspired by the previously mentioned Jenny Blake Acorn Project, I had a radical idea this morning. And, the point of this post isn't to go into detail about the actual idea itself, but instead to inspire you to embrace your own ideas when you, too, experience a stroke of inspiration.

I'm emphasizing taking a moment to embrace them because oftentimes when we're planning exciting things, we start to experience the doubts as to why they aren't feasible. So, before you write off your idea, take some time to truly enjoy it. For example, after I decided that my thought was a great idea, I shut the computer off, went to the gym, did some household chores, and of course had a jammin' dance party of one in my room - all operating on the belief that my far-fetched plan was going to work out.

Of course, now, I have to figure out the logistics and accept whatever reality introduces into the equation, but for a couple of hours today, my crazy idea worked. And, it felt great! So, embrace your crazy ideas every now and then before you write them off! It's well worth the positive vibes! And, besides, you never know - they just might work! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!