Monday, October 29, 2012

About being embarrassed...

So...I recently discovered that I made the fashion faux pas of wearing the same outfit exactly one week apart from each other. TALK ABOUT EMBARRASSING!! And, the thing is - I know this isn't the first time I've done this! It's such a bad habit! I have my favorite outfits that I tend to accessorize differently in order to wear them often. I'm not ashamed of this tendency to repeat outfits because I am by no means a fashionista! But, when I don't space out the looks far enough, I must admit there is a teeny ounce of shame... Like, a big "WHOOPS!"

Apparently my portable armoire contains too much for me to handle!
  Nevertheless, this entire occurrence led me to this conclusion: Doing slightly embarrassing things really ain't that big of a deal! Pardon the poor grammar, but don't miss the point! At first I thought, "I can't believe no one pointed it out to me!" Then, I realized that's probably because they didn't even notice! (On the flip side, if they did notice, they probably didn't point it out because it's actually not a big deal!) I also realized that once the deed was done, it was done! Like, that's it! It's over. No need to brood over what you completely cannot undo. So, shrug it off, shake it out even! So, I just wanted to share this lesson learned from my little mishap!

In closing, I'd like to say that while I have been posting a bunch of "mental health improvement" posts, more physical health related topics are to come! All about mind, body and spirit! Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!