Saturday, October 20, 2012

Causes, revisited

At the finish line!
A couple of months ago, I wrote a post encouraging everyone to think globally and act locally when it comes to serving your community. Today, I got the opportunity to participate in a cause that definitely echoes this principal. Along with my mom and few other women, we woke up before dawn to run (okay...walk) in the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure. We did the 1K Fun Run/Walk, but next year my goal is to run the 5K race! (I figure if I post it here, that will ensure that I actually follow through).

I was so inspired by the hundreds of people (may have been more or less, I'm not the best when it comes to estimating the size of crowds) who came out this cold October morning, dressed and ready to support the cause. There were also a number of breast cancer survivors participating in the activities, as well - including a member of our team. To actually be surrounded by the faces that represent the cause you're donating towards is quite the uplifting experience.
Enjoying the lively concert while the 5K participants ran
 So again, I encourage you all to find a cause or event that you can support locally because I can almost guarantee you it will far-reaching, global effects. And, I can definitely guarantee that you will feel inspired and uplifted because of it.

Happy service!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!