Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Little Dose of Inspiration for Your Day

Junior year of college I rekindled the love I had for the show Grey's Anatomy in the worst way possible. It was nearly Thanksgiving break, so that meant that the semester was coming to an end, and there were assignments and studying to be done NONSTOP. I specifically remember frantically trying to complete my script for my screenwriting class, desperately trying to understand basic principles of biology, and assuming the hunchback position poring over numerous articles for my psychology term paper (did I cite that last reference correctly in APA format?!). Needless to say, 'twas a busy, busy time.

And that's when I rented a bunch of DVDs from our school library. A bunch of Grey's Anatomy season disc sets. Yup. That happened. Probably the worst. timing. ever. My friends encouraged me not to get hooked, but after watching all nine episodes of Season 1 - free on Hulu, I got the DVDs and went. to. work. This isn't a post about making "poor" academic decisions or anything heavy like that. I just wanted to give you all a bit of background as to what I stumbled upon next --

When you want to quickly relive scenes, you go to YouTube and hope they have it. So, I ventured to YouTube to try and find this quote Meredith Grey said about finding moments of clarity. To this day, I can't remember the exact quote or scene (and, quite honestly, it may have even been my own interpretation and not actually in the show), but I know it was from Season 4. I never uncovered the scene I was looking for, but what I found was equally - if not more - profound. In the comments of one of those YouTube clips I looked through was the following quote:
"Always we hope someone else has the answer. Some other place will be better, some other time it will all turn out. This is it. No one else has the answer. No other place will be better, and it has already turned out." 
- Lao Tzu
At times when I find myself showing signs of obsessive comparison disorder or being fidgety about where I am in my journey of life, this quote comes to mind. In a way, it's like a breath of fresh air. To think that you have everything you need right now, and everything you need is enough, is a truly calming feeling. Just thought I'd share one of my stop-and-take-a-deep-breath mantras!

2 comments:

  1. Jasmin,

    I loved this ... and that quote is amazing! Good job as usual! You are an inspirational person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shama! (aka MY source of inspiration!) I've been checking out that site you told me about!

      Delete

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!