Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What Do You Value?

Okay, disclaimer: I had a test yesterday and am currently scrambling to study for one I have tomorrow, so this is a rather rushed post, but I just had to share this with you!

In the midst of studying around the clock, I have also embarked upon Jenny Blake's Acorn Project, and it's been awesome so far! It would take me an entire other post to explain how much of an awesome inspiration author, speaker, life coach, yogi (read: phenomenal woman!) Jenny Blake is! Her blog, book and general persona have definitely been encouraging to me ever since my good friend told me about them! So, definitely props to her!

But, quickly, let me share with you one of the steps from the exercises I completed with this project. In this exercise we were to identify our values and uniquely label them with an explanation as to why we value them. So, here are mine (written instinctively without over-analyzing, so pardon if the grammar is not up to par...):

Value #1: Letting Your Soul Shine Bright: letting your natural spirit radiate brightly from your face and heart and sharing that light with others. This means sharing your love, passions, and positivity with other people in the way that deems necessary for that situation and person. 

Value #2: Writing: in whatever form - let it be blogging or writing in a journal or writing scripts. I feel as if sometimes I must pin the thoughts in my head down to paper (/computer screen). 

Value #3: Igniting Passion Within Myself: I actively seek sources of inspiration to motivate me to knock the cobwebs off of my own personal passions. 

Value #4: Laughter: This is the very essence of my being because it is the one thing I absolutely love to do the most. 

Value #5: The Ability to Mentally and Physically Do: If I want to run a mile, I am so appreciative of being able to do so. If I think I can rock climb high, I will try to do that. I feel as if you don't use it, you'll lose it. We must use our legs and arms in every way we wish while we can.

What's your values? It's worth thinking about it! And, while you're at it, take a peek at another post I wrote on the Healthy Lifestyle Balance blog to identify your passions. Yes, there may be overlap here, but that's the beauty of being you!

Scattered and rushed, but sincerely from me - I hope this post is as uplifting to read as it was to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!