Thursday, September 27, 2012

Here's some food for thought...

...what are your thoughts toward food? Have you ever considered how you actually felt about the food you consume on a daily basis?

Personally, I think of food as nourishment. (I really like that word, nourish.) I like to think of eating as a way of feeding my soul. Now, maybe that's because I read one too many Chicken Soup for the Soul books as a child, but nonetheless. My mind: food = nourishment = feeding the soul.

Think of it this way: When you eat something that is very satisfying for your appetite, you inevitably feel delighted, right? It's because you're literally doing your mind and body a favor. You're giving your body the nutrients it needs while mentally treating yourself to something pleasurable for the taste buds.

I'm just kind of rambling here, but I find the relationship among mind, body, and spirit (or soul for the sake of this post) so very interesting. As I continue to explore the dietitian profession, I am discovering there's an intricate link between how we think about food and our eating habits. It's worth considering your own feelings and habits every now and then, don't ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!