Monday, April 22, 2013

Music Monday #13

Happy Music Monday everyone!

I try not to get too personal on a very public blog, but my good friend Courtney recently reminded me that one of the main reasons I started this blog was because I wanted to attempt to inspire people. Not because I'm some genius guru on anything, but simply because people can relate to my very ordinary, non-guru experiences. And, so here we are.

Recently, love has seriously been in the air. In the past week or so, a few of my friends have gotten engaged and other relationships have blossomed and strengthened. Conversely, a few more relationships ended and yet another possibility fizzled and faded for others. I'm realizing that this cycle is life. Love is lost, love is found, but love certainly stays all around. When it comes to this idea of being in love, I experience a dichotomy of thinking. I'm an extremely hopeful individual, yet I'm often skeptical. To borrow from the Lifehouse song "Broken", "I try my best to be guarded, but I'm an open book instead." I think admiring the idea of being in love can sometimes get me in trouble. My admiration is what makes me totally relate to what Gigi says in that one scene from He's Just Not That Into You. But, this admiration is also what makes me...me. I think I'd rather embrace it (and, even blog about it - yikes!), but not criticize nor judge it. I think I can appreciate its value but also understand its effect on how I view relationships and potential relationships with the ones I just haven't met yet. I have come to understand that as we grow and evolve into the people we're going to be, we pick up on these types of nuances of our personality. Then, we learn to embrace and love these nuances. And, at that point, we should just do what Regina Skeptor suggests and "take that love you made and stick it into someone else's heart."

Yes, I know I incorporated a lot of songs into this post (I'm so clever...and indecisive), but today's official Music Monday selection is Regina Skeptor's "On the Radio". One of my all-time favorites!
Favorite Line: "No, this is how it works: you peer inside yourself, you take the things you like, and try to love the things you took."

So, to wrap it up: Love life, love love, and love yourself - every aspect of you. This works. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!