Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wellness Wednesday #2

Welcome back to Wellness Wednesdays, guys! Okay, so an update from last week's challenge:

I successfully managed to get around 7 hours of sleep for four days within the last week! I'm by no means drastically calmer or more energized YET. A few more weeks of this and I think I definitely will be! Consistent good sleep is key!

Now, on to this week's wellness challenge!

Yesterday, I was reminded of a truth that has been presented to me in so many ways this year:

Photo Courtesy of Wallace J. Nichols (Facebook Page)

I love this concept. It reminds me of this quote my friend Margrette shared with me a while ago: "the cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea." (-Karen Bixen). Yesterday was kinda rough - just a typical side-effect of the part of myself that tends to over-analyze. But, I ran. I ran until I felt the sweat and felt that I had reached some sort of resolution. And, I felt better! I'm not claiming the "runner's high" because I'm pretty sure you'd have to run further than I did to release those endorphins. But, the sweat does not lie. This form of salt water healed the self-inflicted emotional wound, and I think there really is something to that quote. 

So, this week's challenge is to fully embrace the quotes above and use some form of salt water for its therapeutic value. Maybe you can visit the beach if you live near one, or go for a long run until you're drenched, or even have a good cry. I think this type of cleansing is so very good for the soul. 

PS!
I've mentioned the BLUEMIND Summit and related ideas before, and I continue to grow more and more enthusiastic about the work that's being done! I have an exciting update for you guys that will come on this upcoming Fridays with Friends post, so be on the look out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!