Monday, April 8, 2013

Music Monday #11

Lately I've been feeling a bit unsettled. Like I'm waiting for something grand and extravagant to happen. Do you ever get that feeling? I think this feeling is the reason why I'm planning on cutting my hair, but that's kinda not the point here.

I had an awesome chat with one my friends the other day about being 22 and full of energy to relocate, find new jobs, travel, discover new projects -- all of these things that most 20-somethings I know are constantly talking about. Truthfully, 20-something or not, I think we can all relate to these feelings of wanting some sort of change of pace. This conversation of course led to yet another familiar career identity crisis, which tends to be simultaneously exhilarating and draining. Meaning: I starting dreaming up all the possibilities associated with my degree plan and failed to accomplish the homework goals I had set over the weekend. This poor work ethic then causes one to wonder if they will successfully completed said degree plan to realize those lofty dreams...and so the cycle continues.

Feeling somewhat exhausted and hopeless, I remembered something. My friend Margrette has pretty good taste in chill music, I must say. I mean, I know I think I do, but I gotta give her props! She shared this song with me near the beginning of our senior year in undergrad, and it continues to serve as a nice mood-booster whenever I'm feeling "happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time" (shout out to T. Swift!) So,  please enjoy this Music Monday's "Roll If Ya Fall" by Barefoot Truth.

"It's the beauty of a new sunrise; you can never see one the same" 

This song just reminds me to strive to be a more mindful individual when it comes to progress and evolving as a person. To respond more, and "knee-jerk" react less. And, on a final note, in reference to bare feet...

My own bare feet (don't judge!) at the Mat Kearney concert at school with Margrette our sophomore year! I told you we had good taste in music ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!