Friday, February 22, 2013

Half-Year Blog-iversary!

I started this blog on December 22, 2011, but I gave it rebirth in a big way on August 21, 2012 thanks to a few encouraging voices with whom I spent one unforgettable summer experience in Texas. That makes February 21, 2013 somewhat of a half-year anniversary? Is there such a thing? I think there is. So, I would like to propose an imaginary toast to this blog and you supporters!

When I first made the decision to blog consistently, I felt a couple of different emotions. One overarching emotion was ineptitude. I felt that I wasn't really worthy of being a blogger. The blogs that continuously inspire me are truly state of the art. I thought, "Seriously, how could I jump into this talented pool? How could I compete?"

And, it wasn't until now, really, that I've found a suitable answer for those impossible questions of doubt.

Truly, how could I not?

How could I not jump into something that gives me life and fulfills my passion to share and communicate with others? The truth is we all have something worthy of offering to others.

Secondly, I'm realizing, this is not a competition. When you pursue your passions in life at all costs, it's not about outdoing someone else. The only thing you're really competing with is that inner doubtful voice that isn't sure you can do it. Listen to your inner confident voice, and you'll win every time.

So, happy half-year blog-iversary to me and to you, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!