Saturday, May 25, 2013

Wellness Wednesday #5 (Yes, I know it's Saturday...)

So, yes. It is Saturday, but Wellness Wednesday lives on nevertheless!

Check Up from last Wellness Wednesday Challenge: 
I have definitely mastered this whole drinking at least 64 ounces of water daily. Water bottles help. That probably goes without saying, huh? Well as far as physiological benefits - I've no doubt they're working at the molecular level. But, just like with sleep, I'm guessing it's going to take some consistency before I actually see any of the benefits. So, let's say in a month or so I will be able to confirm about my hair looking more moisturized and my skin being clearer. Okay, go!

Moving on to this week's Wellness Wednesday Challenge:
So, recently I fell in love with this blog post about traveling. Now, I'm no where near having the financial means necessary to travel to my heart's desire...yet. But, I still appreciate the sentiment behind travel blogs and such like. And, this got me thinking: you don't really have to go somewhere to travel...let me explain.

There's something wonderful out there in the universe, and it's called the Holstee Manifesto. One line in this poster says that "travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself." I love this quote. And, I feel like it's true even when you travel in your mind. For example, I often daydream about the impact I want to make; about the profession I want to pursue. These are mind-boggling thoughts that take me on a journey of self-discovery. Sometimes I get a little lost in thought and  most times I end up being fairly confused. But, at the end of the confusion comes acceptance and discovery.

Here's what I'm trying to say: I'm going to keep on saving up my dollars and cents to explore this great big world we have before us. But, until then, I can keep exploring the facets of my personality. The parts that continuously help me to get to know who I am better and better. The part that conjures up a billion possibilities about what I want to do in this life. The quirky parts that I couldn't hide even if I tried (not that I try to, of course,...okay, sometimes I try to suppress it, but let's face it - I never really can.)

So this week, I want you guys to travel in your mind. It's a mental wellness challenge. Dare to dream up possibilities for your life. Get "lost" in these seemingly far-fetched thoughts, and find yourself. Enjoy exploring!

On the road to a new place; view from my friend's dashboard
Here's a tip: I often have my best "lost in thought" moments when I'm driving down a long, winding road - which is often here in Texas. So, maybe that can jumpstart your journey if you need the boost! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!