Monday, May 20, 2013

Music Monday #14

I want to take this moment to stop. Stop and really appreciate the way my life is at this exact moment. Sure - lately there have been some slight inconveniences, and there's certainly been a few disappointments. But, truthfully, things can always be worse. Equally true, though, is that things can always get better, too. It's like my preacher said in yesterday's sermon, "if you don't find a reason to rejoice, life will always give you reasons to complain." So, I want to declare that whether I'm up or down, or down and out, I will always strive to be thankful for the life I have right now. Life teaches us all too well that things can change in an instant.

With this sentiment of contentment, today's Music Monday choice is "Closer to Fine" by The Indigo Girls. I first heard this song in a karaoke bar in Beaufort, North Carolina with a group of some of the coolest classmates I've ever had. The lyrics literally spoke to my soul, and I haven't forgotten them ever since. So, I hope it can speak to you, as well. Peace, my friends :-)

"the less I seek my source for some definitive, the closer I am to fine..."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!