Monday, December 19, 2016

We must not simply survive, we must THRIVE

Hey guys!

The title of this blog post has two separate inspirations.



First of all, the image is courtesy of my new Almond Butter that I got for free (minus the shipping) from Thrive Market. I saw it advertised on Chelsea Houska's Instagram. So, I enjoy free things, so I almost never miss an opportunity. The cool thing about this though - besides the natural food promise which you can read about on the website - we got to donate a portion of our savings. I just thought that was the coolest thing. It's small, but it's something. Moreover, they have a blog with a Well-Being sub-section, so I'm pretty much sold.


Naturally, the the name "Thrive" is the direct inspiration. But, this next anecdote shares why I feel that we're not just supposed to "get by" and survive in life. Rather, we should really flourish and do things that fuels our souls to do so.

So, I am coming off week of 3 exams in Neuroscience, so I'm PRETTY beat. What's more, the last two weeks have been full of greasy, fried food. It's just easier to study nonstop and grab something quick instead of whipping up something healthy. I do not advocate this, but I am jus' sayin' - the struggle gets REAL. But, this time I noticed random blemishes on my face. This was evidence verifying the statement, "you are what you eat". So, this week for me is all about getting back on track - with my diet, my workouts and restorative sleep where I don't have nightmares about the mechanism of action for various psychiatric drugs.

I woke up this morning, with the goal of drinking tons more water than I have been and to walk at least a mile. Starting off nice and easy. Then it dawned on me that this was like a New Year's Resolution. So, then I thought how cool is it to get started on those resolutions two weeks early?! Maybe that's the secret to success in maintaining them? Takes that "January 1st" pressure off.

Welp, whatever you do, do it well. Happy Monday, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!