Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Quote that Solved by Existential Crisis

I stumbled upon this quote on Pinterest about three months ago. I instantly liked it, but as I was going through saved pins on my phone, it resonated even more with me today.

Quote by Erin Hanson 

Leading up to the New Year, I always have an existential crisis pondering the direction my life is going. I just love how this simple yet profound quote calms the mental chatter.

I can't tell you how many times I have made decisions and doubted myself about them. Or questioned whether or not someone feels a certain way about me. The latter one is particularly exhausting. And though I can logically see there are no benefits of keeping those cognitive wheels spinning, it seems that it is almost inevitable. But the thing is, I may not be able to completely stop by natural tendency to overthink, but I can make peace with this beast so that I can tame it. 

I need to keep this truth in mind: I can think of a million what-if's to every situation I am presented; I just need to be sure to include the positive, hopeful possibilities, as well. Even just one positive perspective can silence a multitude of negative ones. And all of the mental conjectures are equally true. They have equal chances of occurring or not. Oftentimes life yields a slightly different outcome that we didn't 100% anticipate. And, in a way", even this is the spice of life,"

So, going forth into this new year my friends, keep in mind the positive possibilities. We can't even begin know what 2017 might hold. Might as well get excited. Stay golden, my friends, and a happy new year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!