Friday, September 11, 2015

Finding a Better Way to Cultivate Aequanimitas

Hey guys! Good news - I survived my first big-girl med school exams this week! Even better news - I've gained great insight into my study habits and approach to school this past week. Now, I'm ready to move upward and onward. You've got to keep looking forward and trudging ahead, no matter what. And, it's a beauty of life to be able to do so.

And now, I present to you a very special segment of Fridays with Friends. I got the awesome opportunity to interview the dean of the TTUHSC School of Medicine, Dr. Steven Berk yesterday! He shared wise words regarding, aequinimitas (the quality of remaining calm in intense situations) and mindfulness. I, personally, always enjoy reminders on remaining present in the moment. Hopefully, this quick video can inspire you, too!

Fridays with Friends: Dr. Steven Berk, TTUHSC SOM Dean

Happy Friday, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!