Saturday, June 27, 2015

Finding a Better Way to Have a Quarter Life Crisis

I turned 25 yesterday, and let me tell ya - the months leading up to this have been one of the most emotionally challenging points of my life - filled with uninvited transitions in a couple of my relationships, newfound doubts and fears about my future plans and old insecurities rearing their ugly heads. The scene was set perfectly for a quarter-life crisis. A complete meltdown hinging at the depths of despair and hopelessness in every area of life.

For more on quarter-life crises, see Paul Angone and Jenny Blake's take on the concept.

On June 25th, I just bawled my eyes out. On the day before turning 25, I entertained the most negative, defeating thoughts one could ever conjure about the status of my future and my lack of personal development progress. It.was.bad. But, then, I listen to Rod Stewart's "Forever Young". And, the one line that resonated with me the most at that moment said the following:

 "Down whichever road you choose, 
I'm right beside you, win or lose, 
forever young." 

And, for the first time since hearing this song years ago, this line really made me think about God.

When I was younger I have always considered this song to be a letter from a parent to a child, which I still think it is. But, having gone through some of these tough life lessons, I learn more and more about how being a child of God means just that. This is my parent, my Heavenly Father, saying to me no matter what happens in life, I'll never truly be alone because He's always with me. He can send people into your life to convey this sense of love and connectedness, too, when your eyes are open to it. Sometimes with your actual patents, or friends, or even yoga instructors. And, if you happen to be someone who doesn't have a relationship with God or doesn't believe in God, please ascribe this to that undeniable higher power that we all can sense and feel. There's nothing worse than feeling completely alone in the world. For a brief moment on the eve of my 25th birthday, that's how I felt. But, then I was reminded in the most intriguing way that in fact, I am never alone.

That's when it hit me: what if the "Quarter-Life Crisis" could actually be a Quarter-Life Culmination? A comprehensive compilation of all the lessons and blessings you've accumulated over the years. I liked the idea so much I made a video about it. See below!


Culmination means a compilation of everything up until a certain point. So, I intend on sharing all the things I've learned up until this point in life with all of you. Throughout this season of transition and new beginnings and stepping out into the unknown, I invite you to join me on that journey! What have you learned along this road of life so far? Please share!

Oh, and as promised, "professional photos"! hahaha
Would you buy real estate from me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!