Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Midweek Melody???

What do you guys think? Does "Midweek Melody" have a ring to it? Shortly after starting the Music Monday series, I discovered that my new favorite company Holstee's blog also features a Music Monday. So, in an effort to be different, I've been pondering a few other alliterations (since we all know how much I love alliteration...), and I'm trying out Midweek Melody:

This midweek's melody features a band that just keeps coming up on my 'Laid Back Beach Music Radio' and 'Tennis (Pop) Radio' shuffle Pandora station - Alabama Shakes. They're cool, y'all! Their sound reminds me of old-school southern rock. Now, that's probably because of the "Alabama" in their name. And, also probably because they're from Alabama, now that I think about it. Hmm. Anyway, I find the lead singer's voice so intriguing, and I love their lyrics, especially for this song. It reminds me of being young and driven and trying to find the strength within yourself to keep trudgin' forward. So, without further ado, I introduce to you, "Hold On" by Alabama Shakes.

Favorite Line: "I got so much to do, I ain't got much time"

PS - I'm not saying that Music Monday is completely going away. There just may have to be two days dedicated to musical selections...We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!