Friday, January 18, 2013

And this one too!

About a week ago, I posted about my all-time favorite commencement speeches, and I just remembered another one I loved. I'd be remiss if I didn't add this one (see below) to the list!

Like most people, I'm a fan of the show Friends, and my favorite character indeed remains Phoebe Buffay, played by Lisa Kudrow. (Thank goodness for reruns; her comedic timing never disappoints!) During my first post-grad summer, I continued the habit I started in the previous semester, and I scoured various inspirational graduation speeches. (Y'know, for encouragement...hope...laughs, etc.) Lisa Kudrow's address to her alma mater Vassar College in 2010 truly resonated with me. So, enjoy! It's a lengthy one, but worth it.

Favorite line: "I just listened to that inner voice. By the way, I think it's always a good move to listen to that inner voice - if it doesn't lead to a crime!"

4 comments:

  1. Hi dear!
    Just so you know I don't always comment, but I do read your posts. I want you to know that I fully support you and everything you do. I hope that by giving insight and inspiration through writing, that you find inspiration in yourself! Miss you

    Michelle B. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Michelle! Very eloquently put and very much appreciated =) Miss you too!

      Delete
  2. Lisa Kudrow!!! Been a fan of hers for years. I loved her speech, especially the part about the 20's being full of crossroads and how we are supposed to have moments of uncertainty! I wish I could have heard that at graduation ceremony from southwestern and twu. It is something to remember. She has this presence about her that makes you feel like everything is ok. Love her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I absolutely love her too! And I agree with everything you said, Ashley! Totally! lol Glad to share it!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!