Monday, August 24, 2015

Finding a Better Way to Be More Resilient

Rule #2 of medical school (and life) - be sure that you always bounce back.

Here's what I mean. Sometimes, no, a lot of the time, you can experience setbacks. It could be in personal growth. Maybe you thought some things wouldn't bother you as much as they used to until you react poorly to an old trigger. Or, maybe it's with health goals. You haven't worked out in TWO weeks and you. are. feeling. it. And, but of course, this is a familiar quandary with academic progress. You don't cover as much material as you planned to in the time you set aside to study for the weekend. I've personally experienced all of these scenarios of late, and I had an epiphany on Saturday.

You've got to bounce back from the minor setbacks and keep moving along. Don't remain stagnant or wallow longer than you need to in a negative state of mind. Recognize it, relax and respond. As I've probably mentioned, my time is severely limited these days - I'm rushing through this blog post just so I can continue reviewing and get to sleep at a decent hour! (Because sleep should be neglected for nothing...I'll blog about that later...) Thus, there just simply isn't time to get frustrated about feeling behind or not achieving everything on your personal to-do lists. There is only now. Only time to move forward. So, with that brief but hopefully helpful thought, I leave you with one of my favorite songs to run to - 'Move Along' by All American Rejects.


Favorite Lines
"When all you gotta keep is strong,
Move along, move along, like I know you do.
Even when your hope is gone, 
Move along, move along, 
Just to make it through"

Also, just for kicks and giggles, check out the super quick video below. I TOTALLY played the first few keys (chords? idk...) of Alicia Key's "If I Ain't Got You". Yes, yes, I am unofficially learning how to play the piano from one of my very talented new friends. My album drop soon! I'm kidding. K bye! Happy Monday friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!