Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tuesday's Tune!

Obviously working, interning and studying for the MCAT has taken up the majority of my time thus far this summer, but having this blog as a creative outlet is not only fun for me but also absolutely necessary for my peace and internal harmony. So, in lieu yesterday's Music Monday, I present to you Tuesday's Tune! Same idea, you get the picture.

Now, in honor of this being my last day of being 22, I wanted to feature T. Swift's "22". Yes, I'm so creative. But, honestly, let me tell you why this song fits perfectly to end this age.

When she sings, "we're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time; it's miserable and magical" - that TOTALLY sums up what 22 was for me. "Happy" and "free" is what I felt upon graduating from an amazing university after enduring some tough courses and making lifelong friends. "Confused and lonely" is what came in the months to follow when I wasn't employed, in grad/professional school, and not even in the same state as some of my closest friends. It was indeed miserable, as I'm sure past blog posts can attest to. Yet, it was also magical. See, during this year of dealing with disappointments and re-focusing my reality, I've somehow begun this magical transformation into a young adult, well on her way towards achieving her goals.



So, goodbye 22, and good riddance. I'll also miss you, but just not that much. I'm just much more looking forward to the future. I've finally come to the realization that indeed, "everything will be alright if we just keep dancing" like we're evolving into the wonderful young adults we are to become. So, dance on, y'all!

Snapshots of 22




Holding Cowboys press conferences, getting pied in the face while working with a wonderful group of friends, reconnecting with nature by talking to ducks, making it to Texas and much much more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!