Monday, June 17, 2013

Newsflash: Life isn't fair (Music Monday #18)

Now, I know what you're thinking: (facetiously) Nooo, really Jasmin? I didn't already know that life wasn't fair!

And, you have the right to that sarcasm. The fact that life isn't fair is something we all become familiar with basically at birth.

But, something I heard from the pulpit about two weeks ago, resounded in my mind this past week:

"Don't expect life to be easy, but expect it to be worth it."
Life isn't easy because it is unfair. You put in the work, but don't always get your expected results.

But, the thing is - your life has to be worth it. If it's not, then what's the point? Like, literally, what is the point? The "it" in the phrase "worth it" refers to that point, the purpose for which you live.
If you're not doing something that really matters to you - change that immediately.
It might be a drastic change, maybe a slow gradual change. Either way, commit to living a life that holds significant meaning to you.

And, here's something I personally need to learn how to do: I need to find a different way to look at time. I shouldn't view it as this linear progression. When I look at it this way, I feel like I'm always rushing to get things done because I'm already behind. Rather, I should view it as this fluid, ambiguous and sometimes cyclical entity that just kind of ebbs and flows.

So, with these rambling thoughts, I'd like to present the shortest Music Monday selection to date: the theme song from ol' school Disney Channel's show "In a Heartbeat":

Favorite line: "Life is fast and life is sweet"

Remember that favorite line!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!