Thursday, December 22, 2011

Why Music Moves People

It's no secret that music can have this incomprehensible hold  on its listeners. Whether it be a hypnotic beat or melody or lyrics that truly speak to the soul. For me, it's the lyrics that move people to feel a connection with the music. Lyrics can be interpreted a bunch of different ways. I am a promoter of musical therapy. I'm of the belief that you should always be prepared with a playlist for whatever situation you may foresee yourself enduring. This encompasses a variety of settings: the all-important Post-BreakUp Mix, the classic Road Trip Mix, the necessary Running / Jogging / Working Out Pump Up Mix, and my own personal favorite, the somewhat unappreciated and not often incorporated Life Stinks But I Don't, So Why Stress?! Mix. These are just a few themes to get you started. I'll share my current track listings for each of these categories over the course of a few days. I encourage you to make your own! My lists often change - I may find that I love the latest hit or happen to stumble upon an oldie but goodie that I've been needing all along. The most important thing is to just start - create a list today! Let the music play!

My Life Stinks, But I Don't, So Why Stress?! Mix

  • Ocean Avenue ... Yellowcard

  • In This Diary ... The Ataris

  • Meant to Live ... Switchfoot

  • Something More ... Sugarland

  • Closer to Fine ... Indigo Girls

  • Free ... Zac Brown Band

  • Love Like Crazy ... Lee Brice

  • Dog Days Are Over ... Florence + The Machine

  • We Found Love ... Rhianna

  • Yeah 3X ... Chris Brown

  • Party ... Beyonce

  • Believe ... Yellowcard

  • Hands and Feet ... Audio Adrenaline

  • Prophets ... A.C. Newman (watch the season 4 finale of HIMYM and this song will rock your socks, too)

So there you have it! A random collection of feel-good music that suspiciously looks summer-inspired, but I digress. And again encourage you to let the music play! I will dig up old journal and ifnd my list for the all-important Post-Break Up Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!