Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Finding a Better Way to...Let Life Happen (Tuesday's Tune)

"Life Happens" by Brandon and Leah was my theme song for 2014. Actually, I'm pretty sure I heard this song on New Year's Day. I literally started off my year with this mindset of understanding and accepting that life does indeed happen. The song lyrics really speak plainly. I even titled my Facebook album for this year "...so many reasons for you to be smilin'..." in reference to this very song. I absolutely love it, and I felt compelled to share it with you all today. 


Today's chapter in the Attitudes of Gratitude book was about curing perfectionism - a condition that I often suffer from myself. This reminded me of another favorite line from this song, "all you can do is let them be". When life happens - good, bad or simply random events that are out of your control - let them be. And, while you're at it - be grateful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!