Monday, August 5, 2013

Music Monday is back! (aka Music Monday #19)

You guys. It's been over a month since I've updated my blog. How cray-cray is that?!

But, I'm back! And, yes, yes, you guessed the reason why -- having an internship, working part time, studying for the MCAT, doing activities for church and common life obligations took quite the interesting toll on me this summer. But, y'know what I've just realized? When I take a step back, and think about it (/look at all the pictures): I've had the most wonderful summer.

I think - okay, I know - a lot of times this summer I got overly frustrated with time. I felt that I kept running out of time to fully commit to all the things I had to do. (And, let me just say, I did learn a thing or two about be a wee bit over-committed this summer, but that's not purpose of this post.) I want to emphasize how relative time is.

Here's what I mean.

Time is something that is ambiguous; it's finite yet fluid. Fleeting and slow. I find that I sometimes I worry about both ends of the spectrum: "I wish this boring thing would just be over already!" or "I wish I had more time to finish this!" -- talk about discontentment! Thinking about time in either extreme is no way to live!

It's truly all a matter of perspective. And, from now on, I want to choose to see time as the ambiguous entity that it is. It's not something that I can control, so why try? What I'm saying is this: As I mentioned in previous posts, I am a planner, and I don't apologize for it. I don't! However, I think that things happen to us at the correct time that they're supposed to. So, why even give a second thought to what could have happened or what needs to happen soon? It's done or it's coming. Time is moving as we speak, so we might as well move along with it at its pace.

With all that being said, I'd like to share another Alabama Shakes song: "Hang Loose"


"Hang loose, hang loose; let the ocean worry 'bout being blue"

Aside from the ocean reference, I love the message behind this song. In a nutshell: don't worry yourself with that which you simply cannot control. 
Granted, this is not the ocean. It's a lake in Dallas. But, it's still blue, so you get my point.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful, open and helpful, we're all on this journey together!